- To help you to communicate and operate more effectively in the International Commercial Law environment
- To enable you to achieve this by becoming familiar with the key concepts which underpin Common Law Systems.
- To familiarise you with concepts and terminology in key areas of practice such as Contract, Company and Commercial Law and to help you to apply these to your own practice
- To compare and contrast aspects of Common Law with your own system and to see how a greater knowledge of this major system of Law will enable you to deal more effectively with the issues which can arise when dealing with lawyers from jurisdictions like Britain, The USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and India.
- To improve your ability to read and understand key legal texts including commercial legislation, case reports, commercial documents, legal opinions and correspondence in English helping you to deal more effectively with such documents.
- To improve your ability to draft certain common types of legal text such as International correspondence or legal opinions in English by improving structure, style, register and accuracy in writing.
- To help you to better negotiate and draft International contracts in English by practising the necessary skills and contractual “grammar” in a structured way in realistic and personalised scenarios.
For Business Executives and Directors:
- To enable you to communicate and operate more effectively in the International Business environment.
- To achieve this by increasing your ability to read, understand and manage contracts in English more effectively.
- To help you to understand the purpose and legal background to common types of clauses to be found in International Contracts and thereby deal more effectively with them.
- To improve your ability to decipher typical contractual and general legal jargon and thereby manage International contracts more effectively
- To enable you to understand and apply basic concepts in Contract Law to your everyday work.
- To help you to better negotiate and draft International contracts in English by practising the necessary skills and contractual “grammar” in a structured way in realistic scenarios and personalised scenarios.